PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Access to some sections of the Website www.matisinsonorizzazioni.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) and/or any requests for information and services from users of the Website may require users to enter personal data. The official Data Controller is Matis Insonorizzazioni s.r.l. (hereinafter referred to as “Matis”) who will ensure that the data is processed pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 “Code on the Protection of Personal Data” (hereinafter the “Code”).
PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
In accordance with the requirements expressed each time by users accessing the various sections of the Website (and subject to special regulations and privacy policies for the individual operations requiring entry of specific personal data, as published on the Website), we are listing below the purpose for processing of personal data, i.e. data supplied directly by users when completing online forms or using social networks (see following section on “Character of the provision of Personal Data and procedure”) or data acquired automatically (see section on “Categories of Personal Data subject to processing”) (hereinafter “Personal Data”):
- a) to allow registration on the Website, required for access to particular sections of the Website itself or to deliver and manage the various services offered;
- b) to enable users to publish Contributions directly on the Website, or on Websites managed independently by third parties with whom Matis may have reached agreements, such as, inter alia, social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. (hereinafter “Social Networks”); the publication of Contributions could also take place with a nickname chosen during registration with the Website and in some cases to the image associated by the user to the nickname with respect to which: i) the user will be exclusively responsible for any choice that might damage the interest of third parties; ii) users are not required to use personal data that will enable third parties other than Matis to identify them but the user, through Matis, could disseminate personal data if they have been included in the nickname, or through any photo associated with one’s profile.
- c) to carry out marketing activities such as sending Matis’s promotional and advertising material, including by email provided the user has given permission and only until such permission is revoked.
- d) to carry out studies on consumption or choice habits and define the profile of users through the information supplied by them during registration, by completing questionnaires or based on actions performed or information provided during navigation of the Website. The studies will be subject to user’s permission and only until such permission is revoked, they will comply with all legal requirements and will be aimed at personalising the users’ experience of the Website and improving the services and products offered by Matis to their customers.
- e) to answer users’ questions about Matis products, advertising, or about the Website (section “Contact Us” on the Website).
Users’ registration with the Website is not required for the supply of some of the services offered by Matis (e.g. those mentioned in paragraph ‘e’ above). However, in order to fulfil users’ requests relating to these services, they will be asked to supply personal data to be used solely for related purposes and strictly for the time required.
Personal Data will be processed mainly in electronic form using software strictly related to the uses outlined above.
CHARACTER OF THE PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA AND PROCEDURE.
The provision of personal data is optional, but mandatory only for some personal data (i.e. data fields marked with an asterisk) to enable Matis to meet the user’s needs with respect to Website functions. For fields marked with an asterisk, which contain data needed for the delivery of the required service, failure to provide the Personal Data, or providing incomplete or incorrect data, will make such delivery impossible; whereas failure to provide optional Personal Data or providing incomplete or incorrect data will not have any consequence.
The provision of Personal Data can occur: a) during completion of the relevant fields in the various sections of the Website or b) by automatic completion, following the user’s request to a Social Network to which they subscribe to communicate to Matis some of the data that the user has already supplied to the Social Network; in the latter case, Matis would like you to bear in mind that:
- i) when you select the link for registration through a Social Network, present in the Website or in one of the Matis pages on the Social Network, a window will appear containing a box to accept transfer of your Personal Data from the Social Network to Matis. The window also gives three links:
- b) to the list of personal data that are mandatory or optional according to the specific processing needs of the various services;
- c) to the list of data that the Social Network is about to provide to Matis;
Regardless of whether you supply your Personal Data by completing fields or automatically through the Social Network, if one or more mandatory data are not provided, Matis will send an error message with the list of mandatory Personal Data that are missing.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA SUBJECT TO PROCESSING
In addition to the Personal Data provided directly by users (such as name, last name, mailing address, e-mail, password, age, date of birth, gender, image, profession, marital status, etc.), when connecting to the Website, the information systems and software procedures involved in the operation of the Website submit and/or acquire automatically and indirectly some information that may contain personal data, whose transmission is implicit in the use of the Internet communication protocols (such as, by way of example but not limited to, the so-called “cookies” (as further specified below), “IP” addresses, domain names of the computers used by the users who connect to the website, “Url” addresses of the required resources, time of the request to the server).
CATEGORIES OF SUBJECTS WHO MAY ACCESS THE USERS’ PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data may be accessed by the Data Controller’s employees or staff of who, operating under the direct authority of the Data Controller, are appointed as data processing managers or clerks pursuant to Articles 29 and 30 of the Code and who will be suitably trained for the task; similarly, the managers appointed by the Data Controller will be responsible for ensuring the training of their employees or collaborators.
SCOPE OF COMMUNICATION OR DISCLOSURE OF USERS’ PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data provided by users shall not be communicated to third parties.
DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROCESSING OFFICERS
The Data Controller is Matis Insonorizzazioni, with headquarters in Gattatico (RE), Via Don Milani 30 – 42043.
Some of the Processing managers are:
1) The Chairman of Matis in the person of the provisional manager;
2) OT Communication s.r.l. – Via Caduti delle Reggiane 19/a, 42122 Reggio Emilia for the administration and management of the site, the management of the server on which the site itself is located, sending of the Newsletter.
USER RIGHTS PURSUANT TO ART. 7 OF THE CODE
Article 7 Right to access personal data and other rights
- The data subject has the right to receive confirmation of the existence or non-existence of personal information about him/her, even if this data has not yet been recorded, and for this data to be communicated to him/her in an intelligible form.
- The data subject also has the right to be informed of:
- a) the origin of the personal data;
- b) the purposes and methods of the data processing;
- c) the programme used in the event of the data being processed using electronic means;
- d) details identifying the Data Controller, the data processors and the appointed representative pursuant to Article 5, paragraph 2;
- e) the subjects or categories of subjects to whom personal information may be disclosed or who may gain knowledge thereof in their capacity as appointed representatives for the country, data processors or officers.
- The data subject has the right to receive:
- a) an update, rectification or, if he or she requests it, an addition to the data;
- b) the cancellation or change to anonymous status or a block on the data processed in breach of the law, including personal data that is not required to be stored for the purposes for which the data was initially collected or subsequently processed;
- c) a declaration that the operations specified under (a) and (b) and their contents, have been reported to the persons to whom personal data was disclosed or disseminated, except where this is impossible or implies the use of means that are clearly disproportionate compared to the rights protected.
- The data subject has the right to fully or partially object to:
- a) the processing of his/her personal data, for legitimate reasons, even if this data is relevant for the purpose for which the data was collected;
- b) the processing of personal data relating to him/her for the purpose of sending advertising material or for direct sales, or for carrying out market research or marketing communications.
“The above rights may be exercised directly or by conferring, in writing, delegation or proxy to physical persons or associations”.
HOW TO EXERCISE RIGHTS PURSUANT TO ART. 7 AND TO GET TO KNOW THE LIST OF DATA PROCESSING OFFICERS
The user may at any time, exercise the rights referred to in art. 7 of the Code by sending an e-mail message sent by ordinary mail to the Data Controller email@example.com.
Furthermore, if the user has consented, he/she shall be entitled to object to data processing for the purposes referred to in (c) via the user’s email address, by clicking on the “link” provided for that purpose in each email message.
WAIVER OF RIGHTS ON CONTRIBUTIONS AND PERMISSION TO USE IMAGES
By registering with the Website, the user:
- A) declares that:
- i) all rights on the Contributions published on the Website as part of the initiative belong to the user, who will be solely responsible for any damage or claim that Matis may suffer due to the publication of the Contributions;
- ii) the Contributions published by the user do not contain material that could restrict their publication e.g. obscene, racist, slanderous, blasphemous material, child pornography, and they are original, i.e. they do not infringe intellectual and industrial property rights, copyright, brand, distinctive signs, patents, etc.;
- B) authorises Matis:
- a) to carry out a check on the admissibility of the Contributions, to ensure that they do not contain material that can be considered an offence against decency, personal dignity or perceived as offensive, defamatory, obscene, indecent, injurious or that incites hate, violence or dangerous conduct or that attempts or incites to infringe legal or regulatory provisions;
- C) waives in favour of Matis, on a free, definitive basis, every right to publish and use the Contributions for commercial purposes related to Matis products, on internet websites owned by Matis and/or third parties, as well as on the company’s commercial products or on any other support (including in a modified and/or readjusted and/or figurative form chosen by Matis), without any limit of time and space and without any objection, for reproduction, publication and dissemination and for communication or execution by any means deemed useful or necessary such as, inter alia, TV, press, posters, cinema, books, Internet and any other form or means of transmission, or execution, already existing or of future invention;
- D) authorises Matis to use his/her image, which may have been provided (in any of the contexts listed in (C) above), and for the full period of duration of the Website pursuant to art. 96 of copyright law.
How to alter the User’s profile
Users may, at any moment, alter the data supplied or cancel their profile by sending an e-mail to the Holder’s address – firstname.lastname@example.org